Open Discussion

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Red "S" bar in iRacing

Kris Walker

i have noticed this causing freezing. Anyone else experience this? Also the A bard pegs out as well

Discard
2 Answers
Best Answer

It's highly unlikely that this would have anything to do with a SimXperience product.

The most common causes of this performance issue are typically:

-Poor network or ISP or WiFi performance

-Incorrect networking configuration

-Use of 3rd party tools like VoiceMeter Banana that wedge themselves in as a shim between other apps and the hardware

-Resource constrained PC

You can Alt-Tab out of iRacing when you are on track and experiencing the issue to see what is using up all of your network, CPU or memory and ultimately causing the issue.

If you need assistance with this, iRacing support would be the best, but SimXperience may be able to assist as well.

Discard
Kris Walker
Best Answer

Noticed that I wasnt having issues until after a reformat of the HD.

ISP is 1200gbs connected ethernet

i7 7700k @ 4.8ghz

32gb Ram

1080ti

Simcommander

Iracing UI

Chrome

Racelabs

Crewchief

SODE

are the only other opened applications.

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!