Open Discussion

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

DCS Testers Needed

We're looking for DCS beta testers. If you are interested and have sufficient time to work with us to perfect our flight support, please post here. listing what SimXperience devices and/or SimVibe setup you have to test with and we'll get in touch.

3 Comments
Discard
John Szpyt
-

I am glad to see support for the Standalone DCS game added recently. I tested on both the Steam and Standalone, but am failing to produce any tactile feedback so far.

In both cases the correct dcs.exe file was selected, and I added a few of the output effects in a profile to test.

Mark Kovalcson
-

Would be very interested to see what you come up with for both SimVibe and for my G-Belt.

In flight mode I have a BK-CT and TST-429 under my seat as well as 4 x 40W exciters on the back of my seat.

Stuart Hepburn
-

Hello, i don't know if i be of, but with what you know i have, maybe you know i might be able to help. just keep me in mind if something comes up am only an email away.

6 Answers
John Boles
Best Answer

Hi Bernie.  I'd like to assist with any DCS testing.  I'm retired so have time to assist. I have your stage 3 rig with G-Seat, G-Belt and simvibe systems.  My email address is on file. Thanks for any support of DCS.  FYI, I purchased any DCS software directly from DCS instead of through Steam. My operation system is currently Windows 10.  I've been using an HP Reverb 2 with DCS too.

1 Comment
Discard

Excellent. You have the perfect set of hardware to test everything. I'll get in touch tomorrow by email. Thank you!

Mike Aitken
Best Answer

I have GS-5 seat$ G belt. . im Interested. 

1 Comment
Discard
Mike Aitken
-

i havent heard back from anyone yet

Best Answer

Hi Bernie,

If it's still an option I'd like to help beta test for DCS. It is the main sim game I play and the reason I got a motion rig. I have a GS-5, G-Belt and 4 x Buttkicker Mini LFE in chassis mode (all mounted on a DOFReality P6), Windows 10. I've literally just gotten this set up using SimCommander with DCS (standalone) today.

Alex

1 Comment
Discard
Mr. Alexander D. Gingell
-

It's been over a year with no reply and seemingly no progress on DCS related support. I'm still here and willing to help - is there any update from the team?

Piers Cockey
Best Answer

I'm afraid I don't have the time to be a tester (I wish I did!), but I just wanted to say how good the GS-4 feels in DCS with Sim Commander.

1 Comment
Discard
Bernard Villers Jr
-

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the feedback.

John Szpyt
Best Answer

I am 100% interested. I also Have DCS (Non-Steam) with several modules (A10, F14, F16, F18, Apache). 
I have SimVibe setup in Chasis Mode (for Simracing): 4x Buttkicker Gamer 2

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz Memory: 32 GB
RAM (31.9 GB RAM usable)
Display: Oculus CV1 (VR)

I am taking a season off from iRacing, so will be heavily flying this quarter.

1 Comment
Discard
Bernard Villers Jr
-

We just added initial support for the non-Steam version today. I'll reach out tomorrow by email. Thank you.

Curtis Jackson
Best Answer

Hi Bernie! Let me know if you need more beta testers for DCS testing as I have a GS-5 seat & G-Belt that I'm using on a different brands motion platform. Have been using SpaceMonkey for DCS but would love to see native Sim Commander Support! Have DCS (Non-Steam) with several modules (Apache, F-18, F-16) that I can test on if needed here next week as I have some free time. On window 10 as well. Just let me know if I'm needed. Excited either way to see this in progress! 

2 Comments
Discard
Bernard Villers Jr
-

We just added initial support for the non-Steam version today. I'll reach out tomorrow by email. Thank you.

Curtis Jackson
-

Thanks Bernie! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!