AccuForce V2 Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Powering on wheel crashed Forza Horizon 5

Andrew Branson

My game launches and plays fine if my wheel isn't powered on. If I power it on, it crashed immediately. If it's on when I try to launch, it crashes at the Playground Games logo screen. This is with or without SC4 running. I've tried running as admin, made windows defender exceptions for both the game and SC4, and uninstalled and reinstalled FH5. I'm running out of patience. It's definitely a conflict with something in the wheel. Is there a way I can roll back drivers or something, seems like that has helped people with Fanatec wheels. 

Has anyone else had this kind of issue and if so, how did you fix it? Here's a copy of the error from windows event viewer if that's any help.

ForzaHorizon5.exe
61b3ceb2
pid.dll
f385cf53
c0000005
000000000000266e
19bc
01d7fc3211a9b3ea
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.624F8B84B80_3.417.812.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon5.exe
C:\Windows\System32\pid.dll
ef5a9e0d-12c6-4a4a-854f-5893f698ccae
Microsoft.624F8B84B80_3.417.812.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Forzahorizon5
Discard
2 Answers
Andrew Branson
Best Answer

If it's on when I launch the game it crashes at the playground logo screen. 

Discard
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

There is no special driver for the AccuForce that has the potential for bugs, so there is nothing to rollback like there might be for other brands of wheel. The AccuForce uses the default drivers that are built into Windows 10 and 11.

I've heard of people having trouble getting things mapped in Forza but not of any app crashes. There is an avid AccuForce / Forza community here. Hopefully someone can point you in the right direction since I've not observed this issue here on my Windows 11 PC.

One thing you might try is having the AccuForce powered on before you start the game. Very few games like to have the force feedback device turned on/off while they are running.

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!