AccuForce V2 Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

How to clean the wheel?

I wear gloves when I use my wheel and I’ve had it quite a while. The Alcantara is beginning to mat and I was wondering what the recommended way to make it look better was? 

Discard
3 Answers
Kevin Buchanan
Best Answer

Right after I purchased my AFV2, I knew the alcatara would wear (well, eventually) - so I purchase a leather wheel wrap (Amazon.com: BELINOUS Leather Car Steering Wheel Cover).   Very easy, and it feels great! 

I had to cut the overall length to fit the AFV2 wheel, and I used my wife's sewing machine to zig-zag the seam, but it turned out great!  I much prefer the feel of leather vs. alcatara.   I don't like wearing gloves, so this was best solution for me.    

Discard
Michael Bednowicz
Best Answer

I agree with Bernar's answer.  You could also use a mild interior cleaner.

Be very gentle.  It's easy to tear alcantara up.

Discard
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

From the Alcantara website:

Dust the material with care; moisten a soft cloth or a sponge in clean water, wring it thoroughly and run it over the whole Alcantara® material, making sure not to wet it excessively; rinse the cloth or sponge and repeat as necessary. Leave to dry (overnight). Once dried, in order to restore the material, brush it delicately with a soft bristle brush.

1 Comment
Discard

Thanks

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!