AccuForce V2 Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Steering Foundation intensity level too high

Richard Pittam

I've started using steering foundation after I couldn't smooth out a lot of wheel chatter from game ffb. I love it, I really do. With cloud tuning though, it always sets itself at too high an intensity to be usable. It just feels heavily dampened with no feedback whilst driving at all. On the sims I use I have locked the setting to about 100% but have to add in extra layers like bumps and front bumps. I thought steering foundation would be able to give me that connected feel on its own. Is this a issue with the AI learning, because I remember at the start it set itself at 400% and it wasn't ready to be used?

Discard
1 Answer
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

The Steering Foundation effect wasn't originally part of our 4 year cloud tuning data collection effort. We've since added steering foundation as a supported cloud tune effect, but the data is still being gathered. You will find that cloud-tuned steering foundation is spot on for some car/track combos and not for others. This will continue to improve with time as we collect additional data.

3 Comments
Discard
Richard Pittam
-

Thanks for the reply. One more query. Just after passing the finish line (in any sim) the steering does a viscious jolt to the right and you get a large impact from Simvibe. This is like when Simcommander used to log your laps. Is this still happening because it's logging for the cloud? The only setting I see within Simcommander is Motion logging which isn't enabled. Is there any workaround for this problem?

Richard

Brian Jones
-

This "Jolt" you talk about, I've experienced that as well, always when crossing the s/f line.

Kevin Buchanan
-

Agree - I don't feel the Jolt in IRacing, but ACC will knock the piss out of ya! It isn't consistent, but it is frequent.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!