Open Discussion

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Starting Assetto Corsa with Content Manager

wayne whitmore

Until recently I had the game profile for Assetto Corsa point to the Content Manager exe and use Content Manger (CM) to start the game and it would attach the SC4 profile as expected. For some reason this no longer works and I get a warning to fix the settings, after that SC4 just opens the game directly. Assetto Corsa needs content manager for the best user experience so not sure what has changed but is there a work around so that I can start CM and have it attach the SC4 profile I have created under the CM profile.

1 Comment
Discard
wayne whitmore
-

I have als a similar problem when trying to Track IR. The game is not recognised by track IR when the system path for the game ise used, and when I set the path directly to the Game it gest over written by the system.

How are others using SC4 and other connected software. SC4 has provision for starting other applications before the game but only using the file path the SC4 system wants to use.

3 Answers
Mark Robson
Best Answer

You may also want to consider using "explorer.exe" to launch Content Manager from within SimExperience Sim Commander

This will stop CM inheriting (being started) with elevated privileges from Sim Commander

This is important if you intend to use SimHub - as SimHub will warn you that Asseto Corsa (launched via Content Manager) is running with Administrator rights and as a consequence will not be able to read telemetry data (e.g LovelyDashboard doesnt work) 

Here is a screen shot of my Content Manager game settings (using explorer.exe to launch it )

Here is a TaskManager screen shot to confirm content manager has not inherited "elevated privilege" from being launched from within Sim commander via explorer.exe and consequently Assetto Corsa will not be started with inherited elevated privilege either and Sim Hub and the rest of the world will be Lovely(dashboard)  ;-)

Hope this may help some one ?

Discard
DemonHellcat
Best Answer

Thanks for the info, now it opens but how do I get feedback?  Content Manager loads but when I race there is no vibration/feedback.  Thank you in advance.

Discard
Benjamin Chavez
Best Answer

Hi Wayne,

I have the same configuration warning for my Assetto Corsa - Content Manager preset. What works for me is making sure under general settings > games > Assetto Corsa that the filepath for the game exe is what you need it to be. Here's how mine is. I hope this helps.

1 Comment
Discard
Stephen Brown
-

Many thanks Benjamin, brand new G-seat/G-belt user here who exclusively uses CM/AC. Your post has saved me from a LOT of frustration. Cheers.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!