Open Discussion

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Optimal GS-5/G-Belt DCS setup re: SimVibe / Pucks

I'm mainly interested in DCS and happy to see official support being added - thank you.

Given a GS-5 with G-Belt, what is an ideal setup in terms of number and placement of SimVibes and/or other accessories? Or is it better to fit transducer pucks directly into the GS-5 plates?  Or both?

Generally I'm trying to figure out what makes the most sense in terms of the price / experience sweet spot and would be interested in official or unofficial recommendations or shared experience. Thank you.

Discard
2 Answers
Best Answer

I've read that Sim Commander requires DCS Standalone to work properly. Is the Steam version supported yet and, if not, when is this likely to happen if at all?

Discard
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

Sim Commander currently has good DCS support for all motion devices, GS-5 G-Seat and G-Belt. Flight specific SimVibe effects are work in progress. They got put on the back burner while we re-wrote portions of the Sim Commander underpinnings to transition away from Microsft's .Net Framework and move to a cross platform .Net 6 architecture.

With Sim Commander 4.5 released using this new architecture, I would expect SimVibe flight development to resume in 2-3 weeks after everything settles down from the transition. 

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!