General Community Q&A

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

iracing via launcher

jonlf

I have my basic settings defaulted to launch iracing via the launcher instead of website but it doesn't do it.  I have to launch through website instead.  Do I have to do something more than set my basic settings to launch via launcher?  What are the steps I need to take to launch iracing this way?

Discard
1 Answer
Best Answer

It would have to be something off in the game record settings or the that the correct game record isn't assigned in the profile.

The most common issue is that a customer installed the game somewhere other than the default location and doesn't tell Sim Commander where it is.

You can check the game exe (example below) to make sure it exists. You can also try resetting the game which deletes everything about the game in Sim Commander and attempts to auto-detect it.

This document shows everything you would need to know about managing games in Sim Commander, including how to manually specify a game that isn't auto-detected due to being installed in a non-default location: Managing Games In Sim Commander | SimXperience® Full Motion Racing Simulator Technologies

If you are still struggling, please open a help desk support ticket here: https://www.simxperience.com/helpdesk/

Note: the steam version of iRacing isn't auto-detected.

1 Comment
Discard
jonlf
-

This is working for me now, thank you very much

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!