AccuForce V2 Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Will using a spacer damage the shaft on my wheelbase?

Mark D Lewis

I will be using a new Gomez Industries formula rim (with screen) on my Accuforce V2. I am attaching that to an Accuforce Quick Release using a 50mm spacer. Do I risk damaging the shaft on my wheelbase by using the spacer?

Love my Accuforce GT and Formula Style rims just want to try a wheel with a built in screen.

Thanks.

Discard
1 Answer
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

The AccuForce can handle a lot of radial load so the extension is no problem. What you want to watch out for is axial load. You don't want to stand the motor upright and apply a lot of weight to the motor shaft in a direction that would push it directly rearward.

1 Comment
Discard
Mark D Lewis
-

Thanks. My simulator does not roll over or go end-to-end so this will be safe! Not saying the cars I drive don't do some odd things sometimes....

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!