AccuForce V2 Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Will 3rd party USB button boxes pass through the V2 like the stock box?

Michael

Considering a used F1 style rim and USB button box I have the opportunity to pick up.  It's compatible with the V2 quick release (which I have two spares of.)  Only question is connectivity - it uses a standard USB coiled cable.  Does the V2 stock button box use any kind of proprietary signaling through the base or is it just pass-through USB that happens to use RJ12 connectors?  

I can run an independent USB cable and mount a box to the side of the V2 wheel housing, but I'd rather not if I can use an RJ12 to USB coiled cable.  

Discard
1 Answer
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

The AccuForce V2 has come with a wireless Bluetooth wheel button box for quite a few years now. It does not provide any USB pass-thru. The RJ connector is an alternative means of charging the button box.

1 Comment
Discard
Michael
-

Sorry - should have been more specific. The rim and button box isn't from Simxperience. It's an older Cube Controls setup, and uses a USB terminated cable. I can convert that to RJ12 and plug into the Accuforce wheel base (I currently use the original round AF wheel without bluetooth), but I don't know if it will work. Getting the wheel next week so I guess I'll just test it. Not a problem to plug it in straight USB with a simple hub mounted next to the wheel base, just trying to simplify things.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!