AccuForce V2 Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Does the AF v2 have Forza Horizon 4 support?

Hayden

I have been looking on Forms and discussion of multiple users, Lots say that Forza does not support the AF V2, but Simxperince themselves said they have support. I would just like to be informed before trying to set up my steering wheel. 

2 Comments
Discard
Jon-Patrick Tanis
-

How are folks able to save a wheel profile to use their Accuforce in FH4? I get an error that the input device has to be a wheel for the profile to be saved.

Christophe O.
-

I got the version from steam as it is 50% for Christmas special, and impossible to setup a wheel. Wheel doesn't even appears as an input method. Only controllers and Keyboard. Impossible to assign wheel, pedals or handbrake axis on controller setup.

SC4 doesn't find the game neither when auto discover ( V4.2.60.0 ) which seems odd.

I asked for a refund from steam, as I was lucky enough to spend time on internet instead of the inside game trying to make it work and, doesn't reach the 2h limit of use for it.

Seems the Microsoft version support wheel but Steam. I found some method with re-mapping with VJoy but honestly this ridiculous for a game like this.

2 Answers
Best Answer

I have been using the Accuforce Pro V2 with FH4 on the PC for well over a year now and enjoying it immensely.  Using the typical Accuforce Pro V2 setup and telemetry, you will be limited to 60-70fps (which isn't ideal but nonetheless works reasonably well).  I also suggest using the sim steering mode and disabling all assists.  This will put you at a disadvantage in cross country and drifting activities when compared to xbox style controllers but using a wheel is just so much more enjoyable.  Note: while you can certainly slide around a few corners, sustained drifting is all but out of the question on the wheel.

You will also want to look into tuning your own cars for the wheel or using more balanced setups (as stock setups are really bad).  A good starting point is usually FRT Muka Romero (sp?) for in game car tunes.   For what it is worth, FH4 is also a great deal of fun on full motion platforms. 

Below are some starting values for you  (Some are a bit unorthodox so feel free to adjust to your own taste...)

Forza Horizon 4 in game FFB settings:  Vibration scale: 0, FFB scale:  50, Center spring scale: 0, Wheel damper scale: 0, FFB understeer scale: 50, FFB minimum force: 5, Steering Sensitivity: 60

Forza Horizon 4 HUD settings to activate SC4:  Data out: ON, Data out IP address:  127.0.0.1, Data out IP port: 10001

SC4 settings:  Rotation: 900 degrees, Smoothing: 0,  Intensity: 75-100 percent.  Higher gives substantially more nuanced input.  So, start at about 95% and then reduce to your own comfort level.

Game FFB: 80%, Game FFB smoothing: 13.33%, Accuforce fluid dampening, friction and inertia: off, Dynamic oscillation control: 100%, Engine RPM 10.55%, Steering FFB foundation: 10%

Let me know if you need any additional help.

P.S.  Wait till any season but Winter to dial in your wheel/FFB.  You can still enjoy racing around in winter but don't bother adjusting things too much till the roads are drier.

5 Comments
Discard
Michael Bednowicz
-

Is this the Steam version, or the version from the Windows Store? I thought I remembered hearing that the Steam version didn't work with wheels the way that the non-Steam version does.

I bought the Steam version, and it wouldn't even recognize my wheel.

neal pardoe
-

I believed you (and SimXperience) so bought this and tried to set up my wheel. I used your suggestions for activating SC4 but nothing changed the wheel is not known about even nor are my pedals. The only controller options I ever see is Controller (keypad) or Keyboard. :(

Brent Osterstock
-

I have the Microsoft Store version of both FH4 and FH5. They both run great for me with the Accuforce Pro V2. I would note that we end up using the Custom layout for wheels and that we do manually assign the X-axis, etc. I will note that when I run FH4 and go into the controller menu, I so see options for the Controller, Keyboard and Wheel. I then assign the controls one axis or button at a time. Question: Are you able to start FH4 directly from Sim Commander?

neal pardoe
-

Not sure how to respond to your reply Brent, but I have the Steam version of FH4, maybe that is why I have problems. No I can't run it from SC4 as SC4 set up the app to run as MS Explorer for goodness knows what reason. I do not get a 'wheel' option for the controllers.

Brent Osterstock
-

Would suggest refunding FH4 from Steam if possible and buying from Microsoft. I never used the Steam version of FH4 as that came out looooooooooooong after the Microsoft Store version. Would also suggest moving to FH5 for better physics, etc. I have hundreds of hours in FH4 with the Accuforce Pro V2. And, I am track to do the same with FH5. However, I am running the version direct from the Microsoft Store.

Best Answer

There are two areas to consider here:

-Basic force feedback support without Sim Commander

-Advanced features support with Sim Commander

Both will function with Forza Horizon 4 (FH4),however, it was eventually learned that FH4 is based on the UWP application architecture and as a result has some basic force feedback limitations.  In short, it isn't able to fully conform to the Microsoft force feedback standards that we and most other direct drive wheel makers use while maintaining peak graphics performance. My understanding is that this is due to fact that they have a single processing thread shared for physics, graphics and force feedback rather than splitting these out into individual processing threads. To explain any further I would need to get into details of blocking driver function calls drivers and programming frameworks, so I'll leave you with: FH4 will work but won't achieve peak graphics performance with any wheel that fully conforms to the Microsoft force feedback driver standard. HOWEVER, it is believed that the issue is understood by the Forza team so we have hope that this won't be a problem with FH5.

2 Comments
Discard
John Pilgrim
-

I hope they realize this as I would love to hop into Horizon 5 and have some fun when not serious sim racing.

Michael Bednowicz
-

Based on the Steam page, it doesn't look like they've fixed this in FH5.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1551360/discussions/0/2953789422395631750/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!