AccuForce V2 Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Building a custom wheel

freeon

I'm building a custom wheel and I would like to keep using the RJ11 port on the wheel base. The buttons on the new wheel are controlled via Arduino micro. I was going to connect the USB to a RJ11 connector but from what I can see the AccuForce uses a RJ11 with 6 wires and USB only has 4. Is there anyway to connect USB to RJ11 or are all 6 wires required? Another option would be to buy the board that is inside the original wheel if that's even possible. 

Discard
1 Answer
Best Answer

The AccuForce has both I2C, USB and power carried over those pins if memory serves. It's been about 8 years since I last looked at those pinouts. I'm on vacation until Thursday but can look when I'm back.

We definitely can sell you a circuit board from the new wireless AccuForce button box which would allow you to make wheels that work for anything, not just the AccuForce. I would have to look into how many of the old board we have. We aren't planning another production run of that so we have to keep enough on hand for warranty repair purposes.

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!