Stage Series Motion Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

sx3000 controller doesn't show up in Device Manager of new PC

jody fleming

My controller box has been in a spare bedroom for about a year. I finally got into a new place where I can setup my sim and built a new PC, but the sx3000 controller isn't showing up in DM, and my motor's serial numbers are not showing up in the Sim Commander drop down where we assign which motor goes to which side.

I've tried changing ports on the PC, and disconnecting the motors from the sx3000 ctrl box, device manager still doesn't recognize the controller.

Has anyone had an issue like this? The only thing I haven't tried yet is a new USB cable. 

Discard
1 Answer
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

This shouldn't happen with Windows 11. If you are still on Windows 7 or 10, then you might need to take some additional steps to get Windows Updates to install the driver. Also, if your Windows isn't properly licensed, Windows update may not properly detect and install the SX-3000 driver.

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!