Stage Series Motion Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Planned to clean reinstall Windows 10 - Stage 3 question

John Hyatt

I'm having issue with my Windows (not being able to update), I planned to run a clean reinstall the Windows to eliminate the issue - through I couldn't get it fixed with multiple suggestions from online.

I planned to disable the Sim Commander and back up everything (I haven't use the new cloud, yet...)

But my concern about after Window reinstall - getting Stage 3 back to work again. I remember when I assembled it and I had trouble getting it running and I ended up asked someone at SimXperience to do a remote to fix the issue. I remember he had to use Windows Update sub-menu to get those actuators to work. 

The question is, once I got the Windows reinstalled - will I have to go through getting actuators to recognized by Windows again? 

Discard
1 Answer
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

Hi John,

You should do/prepare the following before you rebuild Windows to make the process as seamless as possible:

-Uninstall Sim Commander from your current PC to free up a license

-Make note of your Sim Commander license code. (You'll need it when reinstalling). You can find it on our website at the bottom of your order.

-Note your actuator serial numbers. You'll need to know which actuator is left, right and rear.

Beyond that, you may need the following knowledge:

Driver installation guidance, depending on what flavor of Windows you install: https://www.simxperience.com/slides/slide/sx-4000-driver-installation-73

How to Auto-Discover Games In Sim Commander: https://www.simxperience.com/slides/slide/how-to-auto-discover-games-profiles-47?search_category=44

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!