Stage Series Motion Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Pedal plate (H) is lifting when applying the brakes.

OzScott

I have been running inverted pedals without issue for a year now but have just changed to a non-inverted pedal. Now when I apply the brake the front of the plate (part H in the manual) lifts up by over 10 mm. I guess the physics of a non-inverted pedal is different.

The plate lifting adds unwanted movement in the pedal as well as noise when it clunks back down.

Any suggestions on making the plate more solid and adhered to the frame?

Discard
2 Answers
Grisha
Best Answer

I had that problem too, HE ultimates on solid rubbers so 110kg of force required though. The simX pedal plate gave some very slight kinds of flex but with a pedal that has barely any travel I could just feel it, I just chucked a tech bolt through to the slider frame, I can't slide the pedals without taking out a tech screw but I don't get any flex and I don't really need to slide my pedal plate much anyway.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Scott,

Please open a support ticket here so we can have some quick back and forth to gain an understanding of how you have the pedals mounted, what pedals you have, etc.. 

The ticket will also automatically link us up to your customer account so we can see what year your sim was purchased. Quite a few minor improvements have been made throughout the years to the Stage 2-4 pedal tray, etc..  We'll need all that info as a starting point to help you.

https://www.simxperience.com/helpdesk/

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!