SimVibe Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

What is the Best way to install transducers

What Is the best way to install transducers

1) ....  To the subwoofer 

2) .... Run a splitter off the audio jack

I ask this because I have a single buttkicker Plus with the amp and all that.

Would I get more performance using one or the other.

Also can you just by pass there amp and run it straight off a receiver as long as it had the amps to push it.

Discard
1 Answer
Robert Berus
Best Answer

Assuming that you bought the Buttkicker for gaming, the best way is to use a dedicated sound card or USB DAC.  They work best if fed a signal based on what you want to feel (road texture, crashes, gear shifts, etc), not what you hear.  Fortunately, the new Plus (and Pro) include a USB DAC, so if you connect to your PC using the USB connection, it will show as another sound device that you select in whatever you are using to drive the transducer (SimVibe, HaptiConnect, iRacing's built-in LFE).

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!