SimVibe Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Strange, high amplitude harmonic with road texture

Closed
Tom Wolfendale

The question has been closed for reason: Requires Support - Please open ticket at: https://www.SimXperience.com/helpdesk

by
Bernard Villers Jr
on 12/12/2021 02:07:31

I really want to use the road effects (ROAD TEXTURE) feature as sims like Raceroom feel very dead to me unless I'm cornering or going over kerbs...  I tried adding road texture on AC, Raceroom and RF2... it runs ok for a bit but then something feels "off". I bring the car to a stop and I can feel this odd vibration that doesn't seem to match anything the car should generate. I close the game (any game) and have nothing but Sim Commander still open, at this point there is a loud "tone"  (a sustained vibration, sometimes a "warbling" effect) , sometimes maybe even multiple tones that are phase shifting... Basically something is sending signals to my amp when it shouldn't. This doesn't seem to happen with road texture off. I've run this setup for over a year without this issue, but on an older computer. The new PC is essentially the same as the old, just newer model (Aurora R8 to an R12, all Intel and Nvidia, with Realtek audio). I didn't export all of my profiles from my old machine, so I'm creating new ones. (EDITED FOR CLARITY 11DEC21)

I just confirmed the same issue in AMS2. If I remove "road texture" the issue goes away. I did this and kept AMS2 alive while changing the profile and restarting SimCommander. Is there a list of effects that work for each SIM?  (EDITED FOR ADDITIONAL CONTENT 11DEC21)

Discard