SimVibe Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

single buttkicker, no left channel rumble

Bruce Jones

In the simcommander chassis/device manager when I click on the front right to fire the short pulse to that corner, it works like expected.  However, @ the front left corner only the sound is being transmitted, with no firing of the buttkicker for that corner.   I am plugged into the green/front channel of the sound card.  

I've been using this buttkicker/amp/simvibe/simcommander combo for quite a few years, pretty much without flaw.    I disconnected all the USB/Video/Sound/power etc.from the rear of the computer to in order to gain access to install a video card.  Upon reassembly, this is the state.

TIA,

Bruce

Discard
1 Answer
Best Answer

It's not likely to be related to Sim Commander or SimVibe. You can prove this by closing Sim Commander and testing using the Windows control panel--> sound applet. You'll probably find that the problem exists there too. This could be because you didn't push the 3.5mm audio jack in all the way or perhaps because your sound card driver changed the mode from Stereo to something else like 5.1 or quadrophonic. In your config, you need it to be stereo. If for some crazy reason you find the issue to be related to SimVibe, our support team can assist if you open a ticket here: https://www.simxperience.com/helpdesk/

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!