SimVibe Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Right and left suspension bumps on separate channel ?

richard kritter

Hello there !

I have 2 buttkicker under my seat (one left and one right) and I'd like to know if it's possible to send a bump signal only to the right buttkicker if drive on a curb on the right ?

It seems that the signal is send to both of my buttkicker and I don't find any settings that could help me with that.

Discard
2 Answers
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

SimVibe Chassis Mode and SimVibe Extensions Mode behave quite differently.

Chassis mode assumes that you have transducers at all four corners of your simulator and as much as possible, it does not make assumptions about the construction or rigidity of the simulator. NOTE: You can use SimVibe Chassis mode with only 2 transducers. It will just collapse the front/left and rear left into Left and the front/right/rear right into right.

When you hit a bump or rumble strip with the front-right for example, it will primarily output that to the front-right, but to a lesser extent, will also output it the other front-left and rear transducers just a short time later as would happen in a real vehicle. No vibration is limited to only one area of the vehicle. With this method, a rig with no cross member between the front-left and front-right will still feel the minor vibration resulting from a major vibration on the opposite side of the chassis. Even when the rig does have a physical cross member allowing the vibration to transfer, there is no loss of realism.

In SimVibe extensions mode, there is the ability to localize an effect to a specific transducer but these are meant for placing transducers on things like the Seat, Wheel, Shifter, Pedals, etc.. I don't think this would be a solution for you if I understand your request properly.

Discard
richard kritter
Best Answer

Thank you for this answer !

How does simvibe know that I only have 2 transducers ? It's because my soundcard is in "stereo mode" instead of "quadraphonic" ?

1 Comment
Discard
Bernard Villers Jr
-

Yes

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!