SimVibe Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Issues Running Road Texture Effect

Closed
Craig Hensley

The question has been closed for reason: Requires Support - Please open ticket at: https://www.SimXperience.com/helpdesk

by
Bernard Villers Jr
on 12/27/2021 12:19:03

Having some issues using the road texture effect in iRacing. When I launch the app and start driving I begin getting road texture feedback as I should at first, but as a few minutes tick by, at first I start noticing that even when I stop the car completely, I can still feel the texture effect. Even returning to the pit/garage where the other effects stop like engine RPM, my transducers are still rumbling away like the car is still rolling. Not only that but as time continues to progress, the effect begins getting stronger and stronger, until my transducers are kicking so much it pretty much ruins it and drowns out all the other effects. I can even exit the sim and it is still going, and the only way I can stop it is to exit the SimCommander app. Then it finally shuts off. 

If I turn off road texture then issue stops and all other effects work fine. I'd like to figure out a way to fix it as when it does initially start working it feels great, it just all goes downhill from there pretty quick.

Anyone else experience the same thing?

Discard