Sim Commander Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

VR and F1 2022

Daniel Bader

I was wondering why F1 2022 doesn't include the Launch in Vr button? Is it something I did wrong because in my tile for 2022 it shows F1 2021 in the lower left of the tile.

Thnaks

Dan

Discard
3 Answers
Best Answer
Hello I have the problem because despite the current update there is no VR support in the SC4. What can I do there?
thanks in advance

Christian Tschinkel
Discard
Daniel Bader
Best Answer

I do have the Steam version of F1. Also under my VR in SC4 I do have both oculus and steam vr in the options. I use the steam vr option.I also have both the rift-s and index, and have the latest version of SC4.

So I take it we have to use the  start in vr in the steam menu? We can't start the game with SC4 then?

Will my options as far as tuning my wheel work in F1 if I don't go through SC4 to start? It doesn't appear that it does!

Thanks for the quick response!

Dan

2 Comments
Discard

You probably didn't get the update I mentioned 4.2.84.0

Daniel Bader
-
Bernard, sorry you were right, I didn't have the latest version. Now I have the vr launch button.

I was wondering if the AF v2 wheel would work with my box from V1 wheel and also work with my wheel frames and button addons I bought from you? In other words, upgrade to the V2 wheel buying it for the $799 and work with what I have from Simexperience.

Thanks.
Dan

Sent: Monday, July 4, 2022 10:28 AM
To: Daniel Bader <oi812610@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: VR and F1 2022

You probably didn't get the update I mentioned 4.2.84.0

--
Best Regards,

Berney Villers Jr
SimXperience Simulation

http://www.SimXperience.com

Sent by SimXperience using Odoo.

Best Answer

We released an update this holiday weekend that includes SteamVR support for the Steam version of F1 22. F1 22 doesn't appear to offer Oculus support at this time.

The Origin version (non-Steam) of F1 22 doesn't have a launch in VR button in Sim Commander because it will ask you each time you load it if you want VR or screens.

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!