Sim Commander Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Sim Commander 4.5 missing configuration

I restarted and when I launch Sim Commander, it still signs in but it is empty and the configuration is like it was never setup.  There is a message that pops up when Sim Commander launches but disappears quickly. Is there a place to view that message in logs?  Thank you, Todd

Discard
3 Answers
Phillip Marozzi
Best Answer

I had this problem as well. I'm guessing with the last windows updated it enabled onedrive which has caused the issue. I disabled from automatically  starting app (settings>Apps>Startup) and that has seemed to fix the issue. It looks like i'll have to redo everything, which is annoying since I just spent some time getting the my shakers and G5 setup properly on iRacing.  

Is there a way to make backups of the profiles?

Discard
Robert Stewart
Best Answer

I'm now having this problem as well.  Restoring from backups does not fix it.

Discard
Best Answer

I've seen this happen before with folks who store their Documents folder on OneDrive and then run out of cloud storage space or have a OneDrive hiccup. You can view our logs here: Documents\SimXperience Commander 4.5\Temp

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!