Sim Commander Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

SC4.5 appears to be cause of stuttering, CPU >99% in ACC

Closed

The question has been closed for reason: Requires Support - Please open ticket at: https://www.SimXperience.com/helpdesk

by
Bernard Villers Jr
on 05/28/2023 13:14:06

Hi all - I looked for a previous Q&A on this and couldn't find it. Has anyone else found or solved what appears to be SC4.5 causing stuttering and FPS drops in-game (for me, in ACC)? With SC4.5 closed altogether, ACC is silky smooth, no stuttering/frame drops/low FPS spikes. With it running, it's pretty bad. Average FPS is ok but lots of stuttering and occasional low FPS spikes. 

At the same time, I'm getting the >99% CPU warning pop up in-game in ACC. That would seem the obvious problem & solution, but I'm not actually maxing out any logical cores when you go into the detail monitoring and overall CPU usage is ~20%. System is a 4090, 7950x3D and 64gb DDR5 6000. 

I found some old threads for the original AC saying that this was related to a wheel data update rate and that you needed to lower that to fix it. That's the only hint I've found. 

Welcome any ideas!

Discard