Sim Commander Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Not launching games via Sim Commander?

Closed
Badger

The question has been closed for reason: Requires Support - Please open ticket at: https://www.SimXperience.com/helpdesk

by
Bernard Villers Jr
on 05/08/2023 09:02:14
          I would like to avoid having to launch every game through the Sim Commander app as it creates a couple bunch of obstacles and makes for a lesser UX.

- It does not allow for shortcuts to games: desktop, taskbar, start menu
          - Elgato Stream Deck shortcuts do not work.
          - Can not start games via Steam.
          - Can not start AC via Content Manager.
          - Adds more clutter to an already app heavy sim setup.

These are all things I have been actively working on to simplify to make the UX on my setup easier and less of a headache. Less clutter, less visible apps, less clicks and less visual noise makes for a better user experience. Having Sim Commander optional or tabbed is completely fine btw.

My questions is:
          - Is there a way to have Sim Commander auto detect the game and run in the background like SimHub?
          - Start Sim Commander and game via a command line prompt or a batch file?
          - Any other options to not be forced to launch a game via Sim Commander?

Discard