Sim Commander Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Micro stuttering with Sim Commander

Giuseppe Colamarco

Hello,

I hope you can help me:
I am experiencing a micro stuttering problem when I play with rFactor2 and Sim commander active ; I thought it was the telemetry recording but the problem persists even when I turn off the recording.
I recently changed hardware : CPU i5 13600k, Ram 32Gb  , MB MSI Z690, the video card instead remained RTX 2080Ti. ( updated drivers) .. games are installed on SSD .
the operating system is Windows 11 Pro

the micro stuttering does it only with rFactor 2 ; with many other Sims I have no problem .

...thanks in advance for the help and happy holidays

Discard
1 Answer
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

This isn't something we see on our Stage 5 Alienware PC's and there aren't other reports of it. I suspect it's related to your new hardware and/or drivers or windows updates happening in the background since it's a new setup for you. Perhaps the rFactor 2 users groups might be more helpful. 

1 Comment
Discard
Giuseppe Colamarco
-

Thank you Bernard, I will follow your advice.

For now I solved it like this : I open rFactor 2 , ALT Tab , only after that I open Simcommander and back in game everything works perfectly.

..now I use this method also for AMS2 , iRacing,Rennsport ;

I seem to notice that it works much smoother in Frametime.

ps: analyzed with CapFrameX

Thank you I will follow your advice.

For now I solved it like this : I open rFactor 2 , ALT Tab , only after that I open Simcommander and back in game everything works perfectly.

..now I use this method also for AMS2 , iRacing,Rennsport ;

I seem to notice that it works much smoother in Frametime.

ps: analyzed with CapFrameX

Regards

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!