Sim Commander Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Is it Possible to Build Custom Effects?

Matt Alderman

I looked around the docs and SC software and it wasn't apparent if I could actually create my own effects as opposed to just ordering or intensifying the existing ones.   Is this something that can be done inside sim commander or added via user code somewhere?   

My specific example was that I wanted to play around with angular velocity / roll to see if I could create a more specific "kerb" effect for the bottom panels in my GS-5 above just the built in "bumps" or "road surface" effect.  But I didn't see any obvious way of going from raw telemetry data to an effect envelope. 

Another example would be for rock crawling in beam.ng, it'd be nice to have some continuous pressures implemented for being off-angle to gravity, even at slow speeds.

Thanks for the help!

Discard
1 Answer
Best Answer

There is a UI for making custom SimVibe effects derived from raw telemetry data but nothing that allows injection of custom code currently.

This was never extended to motion devices.

1 Comment
Discard
Matt Alderman
-

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify my understanding: There exists a UI to author events but it does not work for motion devices?

I wasn't sure what "This" is in reference to in your second sentence.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!