Sim Commander Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Grid Legends Support (PC version on Steam)?

Brent Osterstock

The file formats seem very similar to Grid 2019.  So, I am hoping you can implement support for Grid Legends accordingly.

Discard
1 Answer
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

We've been looking into this. It appears that the custom UDP output feature (present in most current generation Codemasters games) is broken in Grid Legends. We've relayed this to Codemasters and are waiting for a response.

In the interim, we're working on a release that will utilize the old UDP extradata  feature, but it won't have the same capability and performance as the version that allows us to custom define the data we want. This is due to the limited data available in the old school UDP output mechanism that we need to use in the interim. 

I don't have an exact ETA yet. I spent a fair bit of this weekend beating the custom UDP data dead horse. It'll probably be Monday or Tuesday before we have something running for Grid Legends.

UPDATE 02/28/2022- We released an initial version here:  https://www.simxperience.com/downloads

We had to use the old method (ExtraData = 3) used by other vendors rather than the more sophisticated version that we would normally use with other Codemasters games. I apologize for the delays, but it was worth at least trying to use the latest technology. We may be able to utilize the more robust custom UDP version in the future as we continue to work with Codemasters to address the variances between Dirt/F1 and Grid titles.

3 Comments
Discard
Brent Osterstock
-

Just gonna say that you rock for the efforts!

Dan Marder
-

Have you chatted with the folks at SRS? They had a beta build available a few hours after the game released. Although, I prefer using your software for the transducers and their software for the motion (I recently purchased a DOFReality H3). Maybe they could be some help..

Bernard Villers Jr
-

@Dan - Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, their simplistic implementation has no relevance to the more advanced features we are working to implement.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!