Sim Commander Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Forza Motorsport Support

Casey Janik

I realize Forza Motorsport is EA current, but will it be supported? I notice Accuforce is not among the wheels officially supported, but see like recent Forza games that FM has telemetry outputs.  

Discard
3 Answers
Brent Osterstock
Best Answer

Just ran Forza Motorsport on Steam with the new SC4 update.  I set data out to IP 127.0.0.1, and Port 10001 in car dash format.  And, I can confirm it works beautifully.  Port forwarding is also working.  So, once again, hats off to you guys at SimXperience.

While I managed to get Forza Motorsport running quite decently on the Accuforce Pro V2 without SimCommander4.5, the fact is SimCommander with telemetry enhances the experience.

As an aside, I am running a 9900k processor and an nvidia 4700 graphics card with the latest windows update (as of yesterday) and the latest nvidia drivers.  I turned off raytracing and motion blur but I left most everything else at high or ultra.  And, at 3440x1440, I am running a solid 75 fps and that is WITH SimCommander4.5 running.  Moreover, there was no perceptible drop in frame rate associated with running SimCommander4.5 on my system.

Discard
Casey Janik
Best Answer

Thanks.  I did get Stream version, and after I posted the question, I did spend time to do an unsupported game in SimCommander and got it to a decent point, but true support, for wheel and chassis would be great.  I'm away right now so won't have chance to try out until like next Friday, but looking forward to it.

Discard
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

Forza Motorsport 8 (steam version) is supported starting with Sim Commander 4.5.0.47. The download file released this morning. The update is likely to me out this afternoon.

2 Comments
Discard
Steve Henson
-

Hi Bernie, auto discover doesn't pick up Forza 8 with PC Game Pass version. Can't seem to get it to manually configure. Is it compatible? Auto Discover picked up my Forza Horizon from PC Game Pass. Thanks.

James Pfeiffer
-

Same question as Steve... will you be supporting PC Game Pass (Windows Store) version? Won't detect it currently.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!