Sim Commander Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Does SC4 use Richard Burns Rally telemetry data

Hi,

I know that RBR is an old title, but is a continuously developed game as well, mainly on rallysimfans.hu, and this is the only game I have time for.

Does the currently compiled RBR Sim Commander game-plugin use the UDP telemetry data from the game if I enable them in NGP6 plugin and are sent to 127.0.0.1 port 10001?

Discard
3 Answers
Fregis
Best Answer

I asked what you need, get answer it is manual  "ReadMe.PhysicsNG.txt"
So i put in google drive files: google drive link
link dont want to work so:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17jRefzQmI39q2kIOgIt3H_-1i3h-KpdA?usp=sharing

i hope it helps, if dont, i can try ask more detail what need`ed.

P.S. simhub reads car, tracks, times and more (maybe how him reads rbr data can help)

P.S.2. The values which are emitted are hardcoded, the transmitted structure can be

found in "rbr.telemetry.TelemetryData.h" in the directory

"Plugins/PhysicsNG/sdk" 

Discard
Best Answer

Currently Sim Commander is trying to read telemetry data from memory, but this breaks when different groups hack the exe file, changing the memory addresses of the telemetry values we need. It was last working with RBR SSE.

If there is an official documented UDP interface and some instructions for how to get some new flavor of RBR up and running, I can take a look at it.

3 Comments
Discard
Ragnar Simulator
-

Hello, any updates with RBR?

Danny Rashed
-

I would also love if the latest RBR would work as well!

Justin Turner
-

Also interested. As annoying as it is to deal with a hacked game (not only on your end, but on ours as well), rallysimfans RBR is really the only legit rally sim. I'm sure the dev (WorkerBee) would bend over backwards to help you integrate. Although others have made registry hacks to get their Accuforces working, it's never done the trick for me. Here is the discord for the game, the dev responds directly to support q's: https://discord.com/invite/pQ4vJvR

Uwe Friedrich
Best Answer

Hi, I'll open the discussion again. 

After a long break, I have started to work with RBR again. At the moment I'm using the installation from Rallysimfans.hu and everything is working so far. Now I have started to create a motion profile (2 DoF) from scratch. Some effects are already very good, some fine tuning is still missing. However, I get no output for cornering, loss of traction of the rear axle and lateral acceleration - so everything that moves to the left or right is not available, everything that is directed forwards and backwards works.

To check, I did a test with the motion control from simtools.us. Here the game outputs telemetry data for cornering (sway).  So the game should provide sufficient telemetry data.

Have I forgotten something or done something wrong? In other games Simcommander works very well, all movements are available.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!