Sim Commander Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Constant 10% GPU load when Sim Commander is visible

Robert Vis

I noticed today that my graphics card (nVidia 2080Ti) is constantly busy by 10% when Sim Commander is visible (when the game icons are shown). If I minimise Sim Commander, the GPU load drops to 0%. It seems Sim Commander is drawing its window all the time? Why is this? Does Sim Commander do this too if a game is running (the 10% extra load I mean)? I have the latest version of SC 4.5.

Discard
2 Answers
Robert Vis
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply.

I installed the latest nVidia 2080Ti GPU drivers (535.98) and the latest chipset drivers. Now the constant load (when the icons are shown) is 3% when hardware accelleration is enabled, and 2% when it is disabled. When SC 4.5 is started the load is 0% when the "device calibration" is shown, it starts when the icons are shown. As said the load drops to 0% when SC 4.5 is minimised.

Discard
Best Answer

You might want to try updating your graphics drivers. I don't see that same behavior here. That said, it's unlikely to happen in a game because the majority of the main UI is unloaded when a game is launched.

You could try enabling or disabling our hardware accelerated UI feature which can be found in Settings-->Advanced

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!