Sim Commander Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

4.3.0.0 Login Not Working with 2FA enabled

Robert Berus

I wasn't able to login until I disabled 2FA on my account.  The login dialog would just clear out the email and password boxes with no message.

3 Comments
Discard
Bernard Villers Jr
-

Thanks for the feedback Robert. This is being investigated.

Mike P
-

same issue here except I didn't have 2FA turned on to begin with

Mike P
-

I also have the older SC4 installed and it will do the same but only if you choose cloud launch

3 Answers
Best Answer

The API that Sim Commander uses to connect to our ERP software does not currently support 2FA authentication. You will need to disable 2FA on your account if you have this issue.

For those mistaking their inability to login for a brief time this morning as being 2FA related, it is important to know what 2FA is. It is a mechanism by which we send a code to your phone after you enter your user name and password to further strengthen security of your account. 

Today 04/06/2023, we had some server downtime with our Microsoft hosted servers that caused a brief period of login failures. This has since been remedied.

Discard
Sergio
Best Answer

Same here. 4.5 working perfectly this morning and now I can't log in, after even changing the password.

4 Comments
Discard
Jeremy Morrison
-

Same thing happened with me

Jim Courtney
-

The same is happening to me. email and password boxes just clear after clicking login.

Julio Palacio
-

Same here with 4.5. I also emailed support.

Bernard Villers Jr
-

Today 04/06/2023, we had some server downtime with our Microsoft hosted servers that caused a brief period of login failures. This has since been remedied.

Microsoft is working to resolve a server side security issue. This does not impact the security of your accounts with SimXperience.

Jiri Gillig
Best Answer

May I ask what is 2FA on you account. I started the update to 4.3 of Sim Commander as well but its not possible to fill in any email and password credentials. The text fields just dont accept any letters.

1 Comment
Discard
Jonathan Ouellette
-

I'm having the same issue but do not have 2fa enabled on my profile

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!