Open Discussion

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

One or more errors attempting to communicate with GS-5 Controller interface

Closed
Ed Doherty

The question has been closed for reason: Requires Support - Please open ticket at: https://www.SimXperience.com/helpdesk

by
Bernard Villers Jr
on 09/20/2021 00:36:03

I just recently updated my system by replacing the MB, CPU, RAM and GPU. I also downloaded and installed all of the latest updates including Sim Commander. I have never had an issue like this before in that my GS5 seat stops working even though my V2 and belts continue to work just fine. I also get the Windows USB connect/disconnect sound just prior to it happening. Now I understand that the coincidence of the USB disconnect and my GS5 issue would immediately suggest that it is a USB issue I do not understand why it does not also happen to my V2 and Belts which are both connected to the same PCI USB hub as is my Reverb G2. I have to shutdown Sim Commander via Task Manager when this occurs due to the fact that clicking OK or trying to close the message does nothing nor does trying to access Sim Commander to shut it down. I have also noticed that the GS5 servos are still powered due to the fact that I can hear and feel them even as I am writing this. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Discard