GS-5 Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Output mixer

Phil Au

Would all the GS5 owners out like to share their output mixer settings for Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competitione?

I have found the seat to be loud especially with the bump effects... What do you think is a realistic setting?

Discard
3 Answers
Christopher Palestro
Best Answer

Something to consider.  The cloud-tuning profile is the best start you can get!  However, different people have different bodies, and you may have to tweak a bit.  I have a little more padding and I need to bump up the seat bottom a bit to match the back (for example in cornering whether both back and bottom are used)

There is no getting around the noise although turning up smoothing a bit (say to 7 or 8) helped me.  Also, I don’t use gseat/belt for bumps or road as that makes it twitchier to me.  That said, I have a motion system, and if I didn’t, I would probably use bumps and road.

Discard
Phil Au
Best Answer

I ended up going the other way and changing from default to extreme and then turning road surface and bumps off.

I was generally faster and the gseat had a lot more tactile feeling. The feedback was crisper and clearer.

My 2 cents.

Discard
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

I see you are using a cloud tuning profile. That is as realistic as it can be. If you want to try to make the seat quieter, you can expand the output settings section at the bottom of your image and then set the seat mode to Soft. Do this for both the back and bottom panels.

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!