GS-5 Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Is it a significant upgrade from GS-4 to GS-5?

Paulo Langner

I have had my GS-4 for several years and have really enjoyed using it. However, the process of replacing one of the 16 servos can be tedious, especially since I made the mistake of trying to lubricate the old servos and ended up damaging all of them. Now, I am more cautious and able to quickly identify and replace any faulty servos that may occur.

I have been considering upgrading to the GS-5 model, but I want to make sure it is worth the investment in terms of reliability and performance. Are there any downsides or annoyances to the GS-5 that I should be aware of? Are there any significant benefits to upgrading from the GS-4?

Discard
2 Answers
Anthony Dykes
Best Answer

The GS-5 really is a magnificent piece of hardware, I have been very happy with mine. It seems like a huge evolution in terms of using proper actuators rather than the biggest RC motors out there. I wouldn't consider a the prior version at all- this is a professionally designed and manufactured version of the idea.

Discard
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

Yes. It's a tremendous upgrade to both form and function.

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!