GS-5 Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Feature request: swap left and right panel effects

_f_sartono

hi Simxperience .. I think maybe this has been discussed or requested before, but I wanted to bring it up again.

Can you give us the functionality in SC4 to be able to swap the g-force effects of the left and right panels please? Right now I when we turn to a corner, say left corner, then the left panels will activate to push our bodies to the right. I'm aware of this 'philosophy' because indeed in RL our body will react this way.

But as an alternate philosophy one can also think that our bodies are pressed toward the right side of the seat so it would also make sense that the right-side panels are activated instead to press the right side of our body. 

So can you please consider this option, or at least comment on the possibility of having this considered?

Thank you in advance.

-your loyal fan & supporter-

Discard
2 Answers
Pat Dotson
Best Answer

Fuji, thanks for your support!

This has been discussed before, and it has been experimented with internally.  One problem with that approach is that, since the feedback from the G-Seat is pressure-based, changing that on one response axis will necessarily mean that you *must* change it on all axes.  Otherwise, some responses will increase pressure while other responses decrease.  When tried that makes for an extremely disjointed experience.

A problem with going ahead and providing that option for people to play with is that, invariably, some customers will inadvertently have it enabled, and not understand what's going on.  That will results in increased support ticket loads for us to have work through, slowing down response to other "real" problems.

For those reasons, based on actual testing of the process, and increased support load, we've avoided allowing that functionality.

Is there some combination of motion hardware where you think reversing those panels would be beneficial?

Thanks, Pat

1 Comment
Discard
_f_sartono
-

thanks for coming back to this request Pat and good to hear from you directly again :-) I still remember our first interactions back in 2012 (?) when I was still living in Shanghai ..

Ok fully understand your explanation .. if every it DOES become a reality I'll be the first owner to thank you :-)

Danyel Grenzer
Best Answer

I've switched back- and butt-plates to get pushed while braking in the device-manager by changing the mapping and switching left and right should be the same principle. I switched back to normal a while ago also thanks to the G-Belt. 

1 Comment
Discard
_f_sartono
-

let me try this .. as far as I remember SC4 doesn't allow you to REMAP the panels, when you try to do so it will default back.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!