GS-5 Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Can you use the GS-5 standalone?

Dan Marder

I've only seen the GS-5 used with a motion simulator. Can you use it on its own?

Discard
2 Answers
cbost
Best Answer

Maybe a little late, just saw your question. First, I don’t work for SimXperience but I own the seat. 

As far as just sitting it on the floor, I wouldn’t. The boxes containing the motors you see on the back in the pictures are also on the bottom, so it’s not a level surface. The boxes extended approximately 2.5 to 3 inches off the bottom of the seat in the same pattern as you see on the back. I use a popular 80/20 rig and have about a 12 inch clearance to the floor. While you don’t need that much clearance, I’d give yourself at least 6 inches to avoid damage to the boxes and cables and to be able to  comfortably reach underneath.

You can still achieve this with a DIY wooden frame if it’s stable. The seat is quite heavy and even just getting in and out of it might cuase the seat to wobble  if not firmly attached to something. Hope this helps.

1 Comment
Discard
Dan Marder
-

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it. I upgraded my rig to a DOFReality H3 with a GT Omega RS6 seat and Fanatec DD pro wheel and pedals. Still got the bass transducer under the seat running SC4.

Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

Yes. All of our products work well standalone.

You can think of each component like an instrument in an orchestra. They all sound great individually but make something truly incredible when combined.

1 Comment
Discard
Dan Marder
-

My current setup consists of a cheap rocker seat sitting on top of a self-built wooden frame so it doesn't tilt back all the way and a G27 mounted to a Wheel Stand Pro. Does the GS-5 need to be mounted to a frame or can I place it directly on the floor? If it needs to be mounted, what's the minimum frame I can use while still keeping my wheel stand pro?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!