General Community Q&A

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

WRC Generations

Georg Ortner

Would love if this title was supported.

It's the final installment of the series and it is pretty good.

Not sure if telemetry is available natively in the sim by now.

If not maybe this telemetry patch can help https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wrc-telemetry-for-all-motion-systems-and-dashboards.196798/

Edit: Supposedly it does have native telemetry now

Simhub already supports it https://www.simhubdash.com/download-2/

18 Comments
Discard
-

+1 !

George
-

+1

Christopher Palestro
-

If you want support anytime soon I suggest you request it directly via a support ticket. I just got the response that they are looking at it but there is no timeline. That is disappointing because officially licensed racing games should be a priority.

In addition, it is not clear that there isn’t just a simple way to achieve it in the interim, by leveraging their existing DR2 plugin.

In either case, letting them know there is interest is the only way to get attention.

Zebulon Luce
-

+1

Zebulon Luce
-

I'm having a good time with the game with the built in FFB and a custom profile in Sim Commander to smooth out the rough edges (Game Force Feedback Smoothing works it's magic just fine). It's no Dirt Rally 2.0, but it's pretty fun without the additional features full Simxperience support would bring. Having thought about a different wheelbase myself, competitors software doesn't seem to do anything more than Sim Commander's does for non-directly supported titles. Their software might just sprinkle in some of the stuff you can already do with Sim Commanders basic support in the background.

-

I managed to make the game work via simcommander with the DR2 plugin but the ffb is very weak and inconsistent, can you share what you did, it could surely help me, thank you

Zebulon Luce
-

Sure, I'll try. First, remove the telemetry patch from Race Department, it isn't needed, unless you use something other than simhub.

Once you have that straightened out, go into Sim Commander, go to settings, then games. Add a new game, and select "Unsupported Game" from the plug in list. Name things appropriately and point it at the e executable

Zebulon Luce
-

Then, set up a new sim profile on the main page and point it at the new game/plug-in you just made. You'll need to add game force feedback, game smoothing, etc from the effects list.

-

thank you very much for your help !

Christopher Palestro
-

@Zebulon - are you sure it is working? I ask because I thought on PC, wheel FFB worked out of the box. I have the gseat/gbelt, and despite having tried the same steps you outline below, The gseat/gbelt do to work with WRCG. I have tried both the DR2 and unsupported-game plug-ins, neither with any luck. I am hoping to learn from you what I might be doing wrong :)

Zebulon Luce
-

My instructions are just to get the wheel working with a bit of filtering from sim commander. Other peripherals that you can't use with simhub will need dedicated support from Simxperience.

I'm using some transducers via Simhub just fine, but I'm not lucky enough to have any real motion hardware to test... yet :)

Christopher Palestro
-

Hi. Is there an update on this given we are now almost one month since release? Thanks!

Ryan Williams
-

+1

Danyel Grenzer
-

I've good and bad news. The good is: The new new SpaceMonkey-version works with WRCG: https://github.com/PHARTGAMES/SpaceMonkey

But now comes the bad: It feels horrible while WRC10 has quite decent motion and I've tried the old WRC-filters as well. Anyway here's a tutorial how to get it to work:

Install SpaceMonkey, go to Program Files (x86)\PHARTGAMES\SpaceMonkeyTP\WRC, install the WRCInjection-Files as described in the txt.

Sim Commander: Setup a new game-tab with Open Game Telemetry UDP default and Game Exe opening: Program Files (x86)\PHARTGAMES\SpaceMonkeyTP\SpaceMonkeyTP.exe

Go to Documents/MyGames/WRCG and change the UDP-port at the end of UserSettings.cfg to 20777.

Launch SpaceMonkey with Sim Commander. Change the Select Config to SRCGenerationsConfig>click on WRC Generations and Initialize!

At least SpaceMonkey delivers the only plugin I get motion out of BeamNG while it still works with SimHub. Just tried the SimXperience plugin again and only get SimHub effects while without it's just FFB only.

Georg Ortner
-

Thanks Danyel Grenzer, got my motion seat to work with this!

-

no news after 3 month, sad...

Christopher Palestro
-

I am hoping that SimXperience is monitoring this and can provide an update. It is tough to have spent almost $5000 on the gseat and Gbelt, and be unable to use them on the FIA licensed rally game. @simxperience, can you please provide some kind of update? Thank you in advance.

Minhinmonterey
-

Just reviving this thread..

I know you guys are swamped but I'd be really appreciative if WRC generations was supported.

Thank you.

-minh

4 Answers
LenoreTowne
Best Answer

Hello, i am new here, can i ask a question?  

Discard
Minhinmonterey
Best Answer

+1

Thank you for all your hard work on this

Discard
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

We're unable to locate any official API for WRC Generations.

There are some community hacks that use injection and Microsoft Detours in a similar manner to a virus or spyware in order to read some data from the game's memory, but they don't work well in some scenarios, are likely to break and are likely to get caught up by various virus scanners. We did that type of thing in the past and the downside was too great. Further, the hacks that output data are known to break some portions of the game.

I can see the other software doing this. It makes sense, they don't have to worry about thew consequences or even supporting it. The mechanism that outputs the data which is being used by these other software vendors has a 2 of 5 rating due to the problems it causes. This isn't the kind of thing we want to be building upon. If we say we support a game, it needs to be 100% functional 100% of the time.

Does anyone know of an actual official mechanism by which WRC Generations will output telemetry data either by UDP, TCP or Shared Memory?

7 Comments
Discard

Telemetry api starts on page 20. The pdf is from the WRC the game.com website. All other sw and peripherals support it due to native support, including simhub. I am happy to beta test.

-

sorry but the dev only has d:interer for iracing and microsoft plane, i sell my accufocre for buy a simagic direct drive, i'm leaving this site soon and the accuforce v2 its too old, it's sad but it's like that

Bernard Villers Jr
-

We did indeed find the document for WRC's telemetry. Official support for this is WIP. That said, it won't change anything for AccuForce users. The game doesn't give enough telemetry for us to provide alternative calculations to the game provided force feedback. However, just as it is today, the AccuForce works with WRC Generations in the same way any other brand of wheel does.

SimVibe, G-Seat, G-Belt and motion sim users will benefit from the WIP WRC Generations support in Sim Commander.

-

you can close my account completely please since I no longer have any Simexperience products, thank you

Daniel Lavoie

Hi. Checking on progress for WRC. I would love to help as a beta tester.

Posting this here in the hopes of accelerating development. This is from my Motion provider who had to work through a few kinks in developing support for WRCG:

After testing jumps in Estonia or Kenya locations if WRCG.

Once the car is in the air that's 1 g in heave. So we can find out the unit based on the value.

It ended up around 32 units which was derived from heave velocity. That means the velocity unit was foot per second. So you divide that by 3.2 to get meters per second. Then after taking the derivative, you'll get m/s^2 heave acceleration. For a system that uses g unit, you just divide by 9.8.

WRCG telemetry comprises 12 data types to look at, so not so bad.

WRCG made a mistake on their sway acceleration, because they ended up outputting sway jerk instead of sway acceleration, which is one derivative higher.

This sway acceleration during a turn, is normally translated to roll by virtually every motion provider. But swat jerk data can't sustain a roll.

So you have to derive sway acceleration through other available data. We got it working.

For example, consider that you can take the velocity XYZ vector, take the derivative then project to the lateral axis.

Luis Dinis
Best Answer

+1

1 Comment
Discard

How is the progress on WRC support?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!