General Community Q&A

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Simcommander 4.5 update is requiring aspnetcore.app to be installed

Thiago Oliveira

I've just updated simcommander 4.5 and now I get this error message:

I don't think it should be required to install aspnet to run simcommander as this has never been a requirement. 
How should I proceed fixing this?

BR,

Thiago Oliveira

1 Comment
Discard
Chris Enloe
-

I get same error. how did you fix this?

3 Answers
Chris Hughson
Best Answer

I downloaded the update and I'm still getting the error even after trying to repair and restarting my pc

1 Comment
Discard
Chris Hughson
-

Ok I got it to work after downloading the 6.0 SDK which is 195mb. Couldn't get it to work with just the 27mb runtime https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download

Jurgen Braem
Best Answer

Which file? The dialog box takes you to the MS site where you can download the installer, and I've installed it as well.

Still no luck though.

Discard
Peter J Dillon IV
Best Answer

you ever get a fix for this

1 Comment
Discard
Chris Enloe
-

yes another file u have to dl

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!