General Community Q&A

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Quick Disconnect cable for Accuforce V1?

John Hyatt

I bought MSFS 2020 and X Plane and wanted to use it with my Stage 3. I'm trying to figure out how I can swap my flight simulator yoke & pedal with my iRacing steering wheel (Accuforce V1).

I can easily swap in/out the pedals, but I cannot figure how I can move my Accuforce V1 wheel out of the way without unplugging the cable connect between the wheel to the box. It's bit difficult to reach the box in the front of Stage 3. I was wondering if there is any way to have a "quick disconnect" cable for that? So I can make it more reachable. 

Thank you.

Discard
2 Answers
John Hyatt
Best Answer

This is unfortunately. I'll have to move the box somewhere else - maybe mount it on monitor stand. I hope it's not going to affect anything (EMP affect perhaps). 

Discard
Best Answer

Since the only plug is on the controller side, I don't have any easy ideas. Unfortunately, it just wasn't designed with that scenario in mind. 

It might be possible to make a pigtail from the internal connectors to a new rear panel with additional connectors and modify the existing external cable to plug into the new rear panel, but there would be some signal loss in the new connectors. That would require some testing. We're already near the limit when you consider that the signal has to go from the PC, over USB to controller, over that cable and connectors, then through the slip ring and ultimately to the button box.

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!