General Community Q&A

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

I no longer have access to my email, what can I do?

I lost access to the email address I use on simxperience.com, what can I do to gain access to my SimXperience account.

Discard
1 Answer
Best Answer

The short answer is nothing. You will need to regain access to the email account you use with SimXperience, then you can use it to change your email address to another email address.

Here's why:

Your email address uniquely identifies you on our website. The combination of an email address, password and optional authenticator app code are what we use to both identify you and protect your personal data.

We are required by law to protect both your personal data and any credit card or payment data that you have stored in your SimXperience.com account.

If you contact us from an email other than the email address on your account, we cannot discuss that account with you. For example, if your SimXperience.com account is johndoe@gmail.com and you contact us from johndoe@yahoo.com to discuss the johndoe@gmail.com account, we cannot help you. Anyone could create the second email address and attempt to gain access to your stored credit card info and other personal data.

We also cannot accept a Sim Commander license code or old email receipt as proof of who you are. Just because someone has access to your license code doesn't mean that they should have access to your personal and credit card data. It's also easy to fake an emailed receipt.

The good news is that all of the major email providers provide mechanisms for you to regain access to an email account that you forgot the password to. You will likely also find that former employers will keep your email account active for quite some time after you leave and will also archive your mail by law in many cases. If you ask nicely, they may help you.

In order to change your email address on SimXperience.com, you can login to your SimXperience account and change the email yourself. You can also email us from the email address used on your SimXperience account and tell us what new email address you would like to use. We will then send a confirmation email and change the email address for you.

Thank you for your understanding as we do our best to responsibly protect your personal and financial information.

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!