General Community Q&A

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

How to rerun installation wizard?

Paul Stubbs

I want to change the sound card designations that I initially installed on my first attempt at setup. I am assuming I have to rerun the "Wizard" but how do I get to that screen? I can't find an option on the Simcommander profiles screen, or within any of the game option screens. Sorry, I'm a really old Newb!

Discard
1 Answer
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

You don't have to fully reset everything in Sim Commander by re-running the Wizard just to change your SimVibe sound card.

You can change the sound card by:

-Click settings button on the main screen 

-Expand the 'Sim Device Manager' section

-Select your SimVibe device

-Select your preferred sound card

-Test the result by clicking the speaker icon

If you really do want to re-run the initial setup wizard, you can expand the 'Advanced' section instead of the Sim Device Manager, and click the 'Reset To Default Settings' button:

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!