General Community Q&A

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Forza Motorsport

Hi,

I know this has only just been released today but is the new Forza Motorsport is going to be supported on your motion simulators? If so do you have a rough timeline for when it will be implemented?

Discard
2 Answers
Henk Schoone
Best Answer

@Michael Peters, the UWP version of FM8 also works with the older FM7 plugin ( since the telemetrydata is the same )

All you have to do is set the right game exe of FM8 in the plugin settings

No idea why SimXperience only officially supports the steam version. 

Discard
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

Forza Motorsport 8 (steam version) is supported starting with Sim Commander 4.5.0.47. The download file released this morning. The update is likely to me out this afternoon.

3 Comments
Discard
Michael Peters
-

Bernie -- where do we stand with official support for the UWP / Windows Store version? I've shared a "working" but unofficial IADF profile (https://drive.google.com/file/d/17Jc_mpVw5uZSKh5fKGcJ9HTE9N8D1BFL/view?usp=sharing) with several people, but the key benefit we seem to be missing out on is the ability to capture logging to auto tune like we had in Forza Motorsport 7.

I'm not sure if this is present in the Steam version of the plugin, but I'm certainly not looking to buy the game again just to use the Steam plugin.

I thought you had a pretty close relationship with Turn 10 Studios from past conversations, so I was surprised when this was released with only support for the Steam version.

I truly hope you aren't abandoning the XBOX/UWP version that many of us use XBOX Game Pass to play with.

zak kanter
-

@bernard villers jr I wanted to see if there has been any update to supporting Forza Motorsports 8 on xbox? I see the comment below from a week ago but looking to see if this is in the plans or it needs to be purchased through steam to be able to play. Thank you

zak kanter
-

@MIchael Peters, how would I take the ADF profile you provided to use with the game?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!