General Community Q&A

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

EA wrc support

Minhinmonterey

Hi there,
Sorry to bother you guys; I know you all are swamped. I'm just writing to respectfully request support/compatibility for the new EA wrc title coming out soon.

Anyways, thank you for all your hard work.

Sincerely,
Minh Nguyen

7 Comments
Discard
PeterS
-

+1 Looks like the new EA WRC seem a worthy successor to Dirt Rally 2

Josh Brown
-

+1

Trever TEAL
-

Would love any info about support on this as well as it is avalible to play on the 31st if pre ordered.

Trever TEAL
-

Please delete if not allowed. After some digging around, EA does have a list of supported devices.and SimXperience AccuForce Pro is listed. Hope this helps!

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-wrc/wrc/controls/pc-controls

Justin Reynolds
-

Didnt want to make my own post as there are already a few, any idea on when we will see WRC in SimXperience? This is my first new game I'm not sure how long it usually takes

Michael Houben
-

Most of us,still waiting for SimXperience Motion in WRC23. Hope they working behind the Scenes :-)

Minhinmonterey
-

Dear Simexperience,

Throw us a bone or something. This isn't a super busy forum you're moderating. Just reply to let us know if this is on your radar or a work in progress or not.

Your silence speaks volumes and will definitely inform my future sim hardware purchases.

7 Answers
Luc Poulin
Best Answer

Yeah i 'll join my voice. Can' t wait to try the new rally sim with My SImxperience seat thank you!!

1 Comment
Discard
Luc Poulin
-

Is there a way to make the game work with the unsupported game plugin or the UDP plug in?? I tried with no success

Michael Houben
Best Answer

WRC23 Motionsupport from Simxperience would be great. 👍

Discard
Christophe O.
Best Answer

Have the SFX100 \ simfeedback  with SpaceMkonkey and it works ok. ( space monkey output data with UDP or sharemem ).  It was pretty straigh forward.

Have some issue with pitch and roll that give vibrations all the time .. have to disable it.

Also I ve notice with some cars I have heave input all the time ...  even during the start countdown.. odd,

About the wheel, I don t start simcommander, only the game.  I did some tuning with the game sliders.  It is decent but I have some effect I dont like .  Sounds like square inputs to the wheel ( or clipped).

Did you guys are able to achieve a descent feedback with an unsupported profile in simcommander ?

2 Comments
Discard
PeterS
-

These are my settings

Wheel range 540

Self Align: 70

Wheel Friction 20

Tire Friction 3

Suspension 60

Tire Slip 40

Engine 40 (seems to be only on start reving it up)

Collision 70

Soft Lock 70

Centre Force Off

Steering Linearity 0

Soft Lock On

Tarmac and Gravel could use different settings though.

Christophe O.
-

thanks peter .. I tried yours values and I found thta I ve too fight with the feeling quite heavely even I understand why you have setup this way ( I guess to '' feel'' the car.

On my side i prefer to feel the terrain with a lighter wheel. so here are my value ( only using the game right now and not simcommander at all.

Wheel calibrated to 900deg in the game

Wheel range 540

Self Align: 33

Wheel Friction 21

Tire Friction 8

Suspension 84

Tire Slip 115

Engine 50

Collision 114

Soft Lock 100

Centre Force Off.

I ve aslo finaaly find a way to have a decent frame rate . I ve set graphic to intermediate with post processing to high ..Since then i m at least able to go over 100 fps ( RTX 4090 triple screen 1440p ). One of my frien is around 100fps with a single 4k on a RTX3080 with this setup

Joy Nunn
Best Answer

I've got Sim Commander working on my wheel, just use the "Unsupported Game" setting and point the profile to the WRC exe. :)

1 Comment
Discard
Danyel Grenzer
-

Sim Commander doesn't work other than it launches the game. SpaceMonkey might work with the newest version...

https://github.com/PHARTGAMES/SpaceMonkey

Carlos Vasconcelos
Best Answer

+1

Discard
Henk Schoone
Best Answer

Can confirm UDP telemetry is working.  I already have SimHub and SFX motion working (together)
Crossing my fingers we get a Simcommander update just before the weekend and hopefully we have a port setting that won't interfer with other motionsystems. 

Fingers crossed for 20779 / 20776

Discard
Minhinmonterey
Best Answer

The game supports the wheel but SimCommander doesn't support the game yet.

Tried the game today and it was wonderful even without tinkering in simcommander. I'm sure the simexperience crew will get SimCommander support in no time so we can get our gseats and other goodies working.

Anyways, happy rallying everyone

EDIT: Sounds like the hold-up is due to codemasters not opening up UDP telemetry yet (except to d-box).

4 Comments
Discard
Danyel Grenzer
-

D-Box also had some exclusive motion-support from day 1 with the former WRC-games and seems they've made a deal with the new publisher as well. That's why I don't expect a proper telemetry-support coming that soon. Good news is that the WRC Telemetry Patch 1.4 (Racedepartment) is working with SimHub and SimTools. Would be nice to have at least a workaround for Sim Commander as well. What I've tried so far (the obvious) wasn't working.

PeterS
-
Minhinmonterey
-

thanks for you update PeterS. Really encouraging to see how quick and responsive the codemasters team has been.

Minhinmonterey
-

*the

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!