General Community Q&A

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Change SC4 UDP port?

Koji Ebersole

Hello.

I have GS-5 and G-belt sitting on top of D-box platform. A very pleasing combination.

I can get all three working in most games that I play.

Forza Horizon 5 requires a fiddly workaround that must be applied each time the title is launched. Not the worst thing ever. I'm very glad to have it working.

However, I believe the setup could be perfectly smooth, and allow the advantages built into the SC4 launch options.

I believe what would be needed would be to direct SC4 to listen on a different port than 10001.

For this title, D-box listens on 32000. As far as I can tell, I can't change that. (Lack of customization has always been an important drawback of D-box's closed system IMO.)

But If I could direct SC4 to listen on 32000, I think that would settle things.

Thanks

1 Comment
Discard
Koji Ebersole
-

(BTW, I see that I can input SC4 to forward the UDP, which would seem like an obvious solution. But forwarding it to 32000, which is where D-box is listening, doesn't work as simply as expected. That's why I'm wondering if I can ask SC4 to listen on the same port as d-box instead)

1 Answer
Bernard Villers Jr
Best Answer

Currently Sim Commander expects to receive data on port 10001 for all games. We use this port because nothing else does and having a fixed port is one less point of confusion for customers trying to get this running. Currently, this is not editable.

I think you would need to have Sim Commander forward to port 32000 as you suggested, AND edit the setting in Forza to output to 10001.

This should make it such that Forza outputs on 10001, Sim Commander reads in on 10001 and then forwards what it reads to 32000.

https://www.simxperience.com/slides/slide/game-specific-configuration-91

https://www.simxperience.com/slides/slide/compatibility-with-other-hardware-software-90

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!