General Community Q&A

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

Automobilista 2 - Steering Axis Never Detected

Michael Peters

Anyone else had trouble getting AMS2 to recognize the AFv2 steering axis?

I've tried both "Custom" and "Legacy" wheel modes in AMS2. 

All of my wheel buttons (connected via an SLI-PRO board) are detected, Fanatec V3 pedals are detected and configured, but when I try to configure the Steer Left / Steer Right controls I can turn the wheel left or right to it's absolute limit with all of my might and it doesn't get detected as an input. 

At best, I sometimes get a "Multiple Inputs Detected" message as the wheel is centering again but I can never get it to detect both axis.

Using cloud tuning and all of the default profile settings in SC4.

Thanks for any advice!  Really want to try out the CART cars!

Discard
1 Answer
Michael Peters
Best Answer

Hi guys!  For anyone who might come across this in the future, the fix (for me) was to create a custom profile in AMS2 and map ONLY my V3 pedals first and then exit the sim.

I then set the Degrees of Rotation for the Accuforce wheel in Sim Commander 4 to a value of 270 degrees to make it temporarily more sensitive for detection.

After doing that, I was able to launch the game and map the steering axis successfully!  This trick also happens to work for Project CARS 3 which I found suffering the same fate.

Once you're axis is mapped, you can feel free to set the degrees of rotation back to anything you like!

Hope this helps someone in the future :)

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!