AccuForce V2 Community Q&A

Welcome!

Welcome to our new question & answer style forum. We hope this new format will help you to rapidly find answers to common usage and configuration questions. 

Please ask well formed questions and up vote answers that you find helpful. This forum is NOT for  bug submissions or instances where customer support is required.  Non-conforming posts will be rejected to preserve the integrity of this resource for future users.

AFv2 Coiled Cable Issues

Closed
Christopher Williams

The question has been closed for reason: Requires Support - Please open ticket at: https://www.SimXperience.com/helpdesk

by
Bernard Villers Jr
on 10/01/2021 14:49:12

I have had my AFV2  just over a year now, after about 4 or 5 months, my first Coiled cord started to become working inconsistently after getting pulled and tugged when caught up on the shift paddles. No big deal, I got used to it and started using the second Coiled cord that was included.

Last night, after a wreck, nothing worked anymore on the button box or paddle shift, no matter which cord or direction the cord was plugged in, even when I jiggle the connections. The connection in the base is a little loose. I hope it's just faulty cords and not something wrong with the base connector, but I'm not really sure how to figure that out without buying a new cord I might not even need and take a week or two.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot, and what my best options are if it's the cord or the internal Jack? I guess for now I'll reroute the shifting to a keyboard or something.

Discard